Friday, July 31, 2009

Time On My Hands

All day at work I was feeling like time was just flying by - the day was going by so fast! LOL, I found out why... I have a a 4 year old XP computer at work. It has crashed 3 times and all three times I have been able to resurrect it with out too much lost. Lately when the power goes out and it doesn't get shut down properly, the date reverts back to January 1, 2005 and you have to adjust it or nothing will work properly. Even internet pages won't come up right because it tell you that something is wrong with the digital certificate. This morning I was having all kinds of trouble, and finally had a duh! moment and went in and adjusted the date. I glanced at the time and it looked ok, and then went about my business. At one point I looked at the clock on the display and thought 'Holy Cow!! Where's the day gone?? It's already 3:30!!' Then later I started shutting some things down because it was getting close to 5:00. At 5:08 I thought 'Ok, why is Dad so late??' My dad works here too - evening/weekend reception. We have someone here to answer the phones or the door until 9pm. So I look at the HUGE antique clock we have hanging on the wall across from my desk - it says 3:50 "Huh??" That's not real reliable because, well, if you were over a hundred years old and had to be wound up to keep going you might not be so reliable either! So it loses some time occasionally...so I look at my phone and that's when I realize I did not re-sync the time when I was setting the date this morning (thinking it was right) I have been an hour and 10 minutes ahead all day! Now, I feel like I have all kinds of time to do stuff, hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment