Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cell Phones

Yesterday I got several voicemails on my cell phone while at work. Since things were kind of busy so I ignored them until things settled down & I had a minute. The messages were all from Alltel (my carrier) telling me I needed to call them about my account and gave me a number. The number went to an automated line and told me my account was past due by $278!! Verizon is in the process of taking over Alltel (supposed to be done by September) so I immediately figured that this HUGE mistake had to be due to that.
I was wrong - I called customer service & talked to a really nice lady who informed me that they did not receive our June payment. I politely informed her there was a mistake because I KNEW it had been paid. Bobby pays them online with billpay through our bank. She told me to call back when I had the information & we could get things figured out then. I called Bobby & told him what was going on & it turns out that it never went through - it was still hovering out there in cyberland! So, I got to call her back & tell her what happened and that it would get paid ASAP. She was no doubt thinking "yeah right - it's the bank's fault", but if so, she didn't let on, he he he!
I have a Motorola Razr V3a - Cosmic Blue, to be exact, lol. I got it back in September of 08, and up until this May it's been a good phone, with the exception that you can't use anything else but purchased ringtones. But that is not the phone - it's Alltel. This May my phone started going haywire. If it was storming any where nearby my phone wouldn't work - no calls in, no calls out. The screen would also go blank when you flipped it open. When I finally took it into the store, it had progressed to going to the white screen of blankness randomly while you were dialing or whatever. The day the replacement phone came in & I took it to the store to transfer pictures & stuff, the girl couldn't get the computer to recognize the phone. The replacement phone was bad too, but not quite as spectacularly. It just couldn't recognize any of the apps like Alltel Back-up, or Cell Top Weather...so, now I'm on my second replacement and it is starting to have issues, too. There is an audible high pitched buzz that comes from the inside screen sometimes, and it is starting to drop calls, which has never happened before, and twice in the last two days it has not let me make a call. And it wasn't even raining! I'm thinking that the V3a's are lemons...

No comments:

Post a Comment