Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ugh! Revisited...

Oh gosh!! I'm being revisited by whatever I had last week, and so is my 9 yr old. Sully never quite got over it so had to call the doctor & they gave him an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Tucker and I went in today at 1:30. I could have gotten in sooner, but we had a funeral service at 10:00 - yeah, I would have liked to stay in bed this morning (I sure needed to!) but sometimes you just can't. Staying home would have put the guys in a crunch, and heck after a hot shower and some tylenol along with a cup of hot green tea with honey & lemon, I was feeling sorta functional.
Doctor put me on an allergy nasal spray (can't remember the name at the moment) and a once a day pill called Xyzal (something like Claritin). Whatever I have is viral and will have to be endured unless it would develop into a secondary infection (??) I started having allergy issues a couple of years ago, but never got any prescriptions for them. Doctor put Tucker on Singulair and Children's Claritin. In about 3 weeks he has to go back in for a Pulmonology Test to see if he has asthma. He gets a lot of colds/allergy symptoms during the year and gets severe chest congestion and the cough always lasts for weeks...not fun at all! he will most likely be put on regular allergy medication, but we'll figure that all out later, after he gets over this.
So, here I sit; fuzzy red socks, sweats, red nose, red eyes and drinking hot tea - in July...

No comments:

Post a Comment