Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bless You Me

Kids are so funny! Every time one of my boys sneeze, if I'm not quick enough, or am distracted, (or maybe just waiting to be sure they are done, LOL) they will remind me: "Welll??"

As you know, my 5 year old - Sully - is sick with a nasty cold. Since we've all got it, there's a lot of sneezing going on around here and a lot of "Bless You's" being said. Twice today when Sully sneezed & thought no one was around to say it, he took care of the problem himself "Bless You me" LMBO

Not a lot happened here today as I had zero energy to do anything. I did however, make homemade ice cream because I bought stuff for it 4th of July weekend and the whipping cream would go bad if I didn't use it up. I actually made ice cream that weekend, but I ummmm, forgot to put the cream & vanilla in. We bought an ice cream maker last year, but never got to use it because Bobby's parents kept making ice cream with theirs. Anyway, so this was the first time I'd made it & I was following the recipe, but the recipe is written all together with no breaks in between steps, so I forgot that important part. Couldn't figure out why it didn't look like 4 quarts in there, LMBO! I remembered - too late to fix it. So, it tasted a lot like frozen custard :)

Last night after supper - hamburgers & homemade french fries - we watched The Princess Bride. I love that movie. It came out in 1987 - hard to believe it's been that long. If you haven't seen it, you MUST! It's a classic! Afterwards, Bobby & the boys went to bed & I stayed up because I had about an hour to wait before I could take more medicine. So I decided to watch a movie I bought at WalMart for $5 - The Polarbear King. It was made in 2005, and it said that Jim Henson's Creature Shop did the Polarbear, so I was expecting a little more. It was a good story, but the effects were definitely low-budget, and I think the actors were foreign. Danish, maybe. The voices were slightly off, LOL, and well, that Polar bear was NOT as impressive as the creatures from dark Crystal which was made forever ago. Anyway, if someone took the story & remade the movie with better effects & graphics, then it would be awesome. Actually there was one bit of interesting technique. There were these magic scissors that created clothing out of nothing - what they did was film the scissors cutting up clothing & then they ran it backwards. But it was done pretty well & it didn't look jerky or obviously run backwards. All in all - I won't be watching it again, I don't think, so it will most likely go in the Yard Sale Box.
Tonight we watched Nacho Libre & then while I was waiting for laundry (& more Mucinex) I watched Lady In The Water. Much better movie than last night's...

No comments:

Post a Comment