Friday, August 21, 2009

Yippee!

Yippee! It's Friday :)
I have a couple of cleaning/organizing/arranging projects for tomorrow, but other than that, no big plans. I need to clear off the clutter on my dresser, and my computer desk, and the usual things I do every Saturday; dust, vacuum, and clean the bathroom. Bobby works this weekend, so I pretty much have the day to myself.

Right now, I'm watching Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl. I love them all, but the first one is my favorite. Some chocolate would go really good right now with my movie...*sigh* I guess I'll have some grapes instead...hehehe

Work has been a little slow, so I'm catching up on some records and such, while the guys have been painting. I spent most of the day smelling paint and listening to traffic outside since the doors were open.

Traffic, lol. Traffic for us in this town is obviously not what it is in larger cities, but what makes it really different from other places is that we have brick streets. It has quite a distinctive sound - and feel. Some of them are in need of repair and are quite bumpy. Some people want them paved over, but the powers that be want to keep them because they're considered to be something that visitors want to see. Yeah, I suppose...I myself do like the brick streets. I just feel that they should be kept up a little better in the non-visitor areas, too. I forget how many miles of brick there is - I'm thinking it's something like 34 miles. I'd have to check to be certain on that number though. But there's more under the surface of most of the paved streets in town. Don't know what that would be if you counted them as well.

Bobby shut my laptop on me tonight in the middle of plowing a friend's field. "I'm plowing, here!!"... I was a little ticked until I knew what it was about. He kidnapped me and we went on a motorcycle ride - WooHoo! I wasn't so irritated then, hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment