Monday, August 24, 2009

Details

Busy weekend! Busier than I thought it would be. Did some of my work I had planned for Saturday, but didn't get everything done. When Bobby got home, we went to WalMart and picked up a few necessary things to get Jordan's (my oldest son who lives in Washington now) old aquarium up & running. It needed a new filter, we got two bags of rocks, a bubble curtain, an air pump, tubing, and All Clear. Oh, and fish, lol. We got two of those little Glow Fish - one yellow-orange & one reddish-pink, a couple of Mollies, and some Tetras. We tried to pick stuff that would all get along, lol. Went home & got that all set up & going, then went to Dad's & picked up a glass end table and lamp to replace the table between the two chairs in the family room that we used to put the aquarium on. So, the boys got fish, I got a new table and lamp, and Bobby got to do more furniture arranging - something for everyone, hehehe!

Sunday we had church, and Pastor's message was centered on Luke 21 - about things to come. this was in preparation for Jimmy Root coming to our church for a Prophecy and Current Events Conference. It was awesome! He has a book out called Distant Thunder, which is fiction, but based on scripture, similar to how the Left Behind series was. His book deals with where we are now, basically, and everything that will (and has to) happen before the trumpet sounds. I knew we were getting closer, but I didn't fully realize how just close we really are. It's amazing and fascinating to see God's word fulfilled with our own eyes, in the here & now!

So, that was my weekend, minus all the little details of daily life that happen and I don't even notice them...isn't that kind of sad? Shouldn't we be aware of every moment? Even if you don't believe in Life after death, (and especially so, I think) life is much too short and precious to NOT take notice of the details. If you lived every day like it may be your last - fully appreciating what a miracle each breath you take truly is, what would be your loss? What would you gain? We are hand crafted by God, with life breathed into us by Him. We are not random! We are not the result of some cosmic accident or sludgy goo in a pond! We were created! We didn't just 'happen'! God took special care in creating us, with millions of minute details, and I don't want to take that for granted and risk missing something small and totally amazing. Kids see everything as wondrous and full of potential, and they don't miss much, do they?? hehehe So, I want to keep that quality in myself and embrace it! Everyone should run out right now and grab a double dip icecream cone and a magnifying glass and thoroughly examine the nearest rosebush or flower garden, LOL!

Sorry if this sounded preachy, lol - didn't intend that! I just don't want to get so caught up in 'life', that I miss the important things. Details are important. So many people find themselves living with regret - thinking back on how much they missed because they were too busy, or didn't have time. Who would willingly choose that? Nobody would. But it sneaks up on you, and then one day you find yourself living it up in Regretville and don't even know how you got there.

Hmmm...I guess I know what I'm going to entitle this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment