Monday, August 17, 2009

Back To School

Today was the first day of school, and of course it was a chaotic morning. Sully didn't want to get out of bed (he's my sleeper, lol) while Tucker was up at the crack of dawn as usual. We couldn't find shoes, we didn't like our socks, didn't like the shirt...yada yada yada. I had to fight with the garage door to get it closed (a sporadic occurance that typically takes place when I'm in a hurry), fight to get the dogs inside....but - my hair came out good! Yay! lol

We finally got to school and went to Sully's class and from there Tucker went on to his class. There were several moms there, of course, and a few who were teary-eyed. One went past me and told me she wasn't ready for this. I looked around a little bit and even though she was the only one who had actually voiced her thoughts, I could see it unspoken on the other faces. We were all thinking it. Most of the kids were oblivious to it and already settling in. Mine was balking a little bit, but none of the kids were crying. In that class, anyway. As I left and came down the hall, I saw a small group of adults and a little girl in 1st grade crying...turns out she was upset because she didn't have the same teacher as last year, and her best friend from kindergarten was in a different class. That would have made me sad too!

The boys had a good day, with the exception that Sully didn't get the hamburger he ordered for lunch. Seems he thought it was like a restaurant and you could order what you wanted, so he was dismayed when they gave him Chilli Frito Pie instead. However, the ride home on the school bus made up for any disappointment over lunch, hehehe. He informed us that it was the only reason he agreed to go to school...uh-huh, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment