Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change is Good

I changed my layout, but I'm thinking it's too busy. Hmmm...I just might have to work on that tomorrow night. It's kind of hard to read, I think. Should I leave it and maybe just bold the font? Should I get rid of some of the stuff? Yeah... I'm definitely gonna have to re-work it. But I like the overall scheme, so I won't change the kit. Most of the layout is from Nicole Young's (credit and link at bottom of page) Vintage Coffee House kit, but a couple of the elements are from her other kits that I though would kind of go with what I was doing. It's a great kit! Actually it's a mini kit - one of her freebies.

I posted a fresh template today over on my design blog (link to that is somewhere on this page to the right, hehehe) I've been so busy farming I neglected my PSP :( Not good! If it's in you to be creative (and I think everyone is in their own way - hey! making a bed really well can be a work of art!) you shouldn't ignore it - you should embrace it and let it flow from you. My philosophical thought for the day - or whatever, lol.

Today we had a bit of a dilemma. Tucker came home with a book from the school library that was 4th grade reading level. When I saw it I about flipped because I just knew Bobby would have kittens over it. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He said he tried to get a Hardy Boys book, but the librarian said she didn't think it would be appropriate...?? Whatever...

Bobby shocked me because he is totally against Harry Potter, and I fully expected a tirade. It didn't happen and that's what shocked me. At least it wasn't "VooDoo and You - A How To Book" hehehe

I have read the books, so I know what's there. To me, this is like the whole Twilight thing. In my opinion, the biggest problem is not that the author is trying to make Vampires good, but the intense, INTENSE relationship between Edward and Bella. Much too intense for a 17 year old girl. I saw the film, but haven't read the books, so I'm going off of the movie alone. Although she put the brakes on in a rather steamy scene in her room and nothing happened, I just felt like it sent a much too mature message to our young girls. I thought it was a good movie, but then I have always been a fan of the old monster movies. The original Dracula with Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney as the Wolfman...lot's of fun!

How did I get on this subject?? LOL Oh yeah...Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment