Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mystery Solved

I had the strangest night last night. Bobby had to do a night shoot, so he didn't get home from the range until about 11:30. He forgot to bring his keys, so I stayed up (no biggie there, lol). While waiting I had to listen to a cat outside crying to get in. Not my cat. Apparently, some people that rented one half of the duplex on the street behind us decided to leave their cat behind when they moved. The boys have befriended her, and yesterday she followed them home. She hung around outside and periodically would sit right outside the french doors to the deck and meow. I guess she was hanging around most of the night, because the dogs were barking a lot.

Once I got in bed, I was just falling asleep and I heard this tinkling ring - like that magic wand sound they use in movies or cartoons. I got back up and checked the cell phones, the computer, and the laptop - nothing. Went back to bed, and got comfy, and heard it again! So, I got up and checked in the boys room because Sunday Sully had been playing with one of those leap pads, and I thought maybe it wasn't shut off properly. Nothing. Went back to bed and five minutes later it did it again! By this time I have woken Bobby up and he's wanting to know what's wrong...then a couple of minutes later it happens again and this time Bobby hears it. Aha! Now I'm no longer imagining things, lol!
Finally fell asleep, but every time one or both of us woke up, we would hear that sound!

So, when I got up this morning I started looking again and found it! Yaaayyy!!! It was an old Kyocera cell phone that I used to have that I had charged and turned on so I could record a couple of ringtones 
off of it. I had forgotten to turn it off, lmbo, and even though this phone has not had service to it in probably 3 years, I had a new message, LOL, and it was notifying me!

Glad that mystery got solved. Now if I can only figure out why my background on this blog layout won't stretch to fill up the wide screen. My other blog is fine, but when I changed this one, on my laptop I have white bars going down the side...  Strange......

No comments:

Post a Comment