Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor??

How was your Labor Day? Did you do any labor?? Were you in labor?? I actually did do some labor - ran two loads of dishes through the dishwasher, 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed, and dusted.

Dusting is something I do quite a lot of. Here is where the name for this blog comes in. I know there must be other dusty states out there, but since I live in Kansas, that's where my focus is, hehe. I dust at least every other day, and that might seem excessive to some, but I can't stand to look at it, and it's everywhere, all the time! It has made me cut back on the number of knick-knack items I have out. And I'll tell you something else; unless you throw those swiffer things out after every use, they don't trap the dust! You can see it blowing around just as if you were using an old synthetic feather duster, moving the dust around so it can settle back down. I still use them, of course, because they work better than nothing, but yeah, I'm complaining, lol.

Bobby worked this weekend, so we didn't have any big plans. The boys spent a good part of Saturday cleaning their room - yes, again! And I tried to vacuum & dust, and the usual Saturday cleaning, but my boys get distracted and go wandering far off-task, so I pretty much have to stay on them. Then they went lizard hunting, and then used the old digital camera to make movies, lol. We watched a couple of movies and had popcorn in the evening - Cheaper By The Dozen, and Nacho Libre. Sunday after church, we fixed smoothies, and the boys did some more lizard hunting and played some games. When Bobby got home, we sent the boys down to his parents and we went for a ride. It was a little cool because of the clouds, but not bad.

Not an eventful weekend, but that's ok. I don't need to be busy with things to do all the time. I like down time - alot! hehe In fact, I get kinda cranky when I have too much going on, too many places to be.

Ok, before I got to bed, I gotta tell about something funny Sully said. Remember the whole shots thing? He knows we will all be getting flu shots sometime, so it's been on his mind alot. Ok, well we're driving home and we passed by the health dept. where he got his shots. And of course whenever we do, he makes a comment. This time: "Mommy, when will the flu be here?" I started laughing and asked him why he wanted to know; "Well, if I'm gonna have to get a shot, I wanna know when it's coming".... lmbo

No comments:

Post a Comment