Monday, June 24, 2013

Leftovers

Well, it's done: the in-laws are moved. All day  (7am to 6:30pm) Saturday was spent finishing up the packing, loading, cleaning and throwing away. We all wound up a lot more of their things, but to them it was as if they weren't getting rid of them as long as family had them. I can understand that. Still a lot of things got thrown out, too, and I think a lot more will be as they sort through the unpacking process. We were all so tired by the end of the day that we could hardly move. In fact, we ordered the boys a pizza, and hubby and I ate leftovers, then we all fell asleep in the family room, dragging ourselves to bed around 10:30 when the TV shut off.

New-style Crispy California Roll
Let me tell you about the left-overs: Friday night we went with some friends back to the Japanese steak and sushi place. Yeah, we got them hooked on it :)  The food was fabulous as always, and as usual we took what we couldn't finish home. I managed to get off a couple quick snaps of the sushi:

You can see the blue flames at the left end of the roll on the Mama Mia. The photo of the California Rolls is missing a roll, because my husband grabbed one just as I was taking the picture. Impatient man! Hubby tried out the chop sticks but eventually abandoned them. I didn't bother as I stink at using chop sticks. Besides it's a messy way to eat the larger portions of sushi such as what these are. I didn't particularly want to attempt it while sitting with several the other people at the table I didn't know. Pretty much everyone used their fork, I noticed.
Flaming Mama Mia Special Roll

We had a great time and went to Michael's (arts and crafts) and Lowe's (home center) afterwards to walk off dinner. I picked up a few things for my upcoming Life Drawing class, and a pretty candle that supposedly smells like the sea. Well, it's someone's cleaned up version of what the sea smells like. You know, without the kelp lying on the sand of the beach in the hot sun rotting and/or any other once living things that have washed up. Or seagull poo. It does however accurately summon up that salty scent that the ocean produces. However they managed that is amazing, really. 

Sunday after church we went through and organized some of the things that we received from hubby's parents and then in the evening went for a short motorcycle ride. It was great to get away for a little while even if it was stupendously hot and windy. 

I'm a little nervous about the Life Drawing class - I stink at drawing people! This class is all about the human form and I know my forms will look quite a bit less than human. And as a bonus, I will have to draw myself, I'm sure. Why else would I have to purchase a full length mirror?? Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment