Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Arrivals and Departures

The lightning bugs are finally out! I saw about 3 of them this past Saturday night in the back yard. Now that I have a decent camera, I might try photographing them. Or I might try taking photos of them in a jar. It all depends on how hard it is to get them in the jar. I've never done it before and I don't want to risk damaging them. It can't be that hard, though, right? I'm so happy they have finally arrived :)

Our neighbor to the south is getting her roof replaced. Actually they started last Thursday evening. Yeah - they didn't show up until 6:00 pm and worked until 11:30 pm. Hubby goes to bed by 8:30 on work nights since he gets up super early for work and he didn't get a whole lot of sleep with all of the banging around and talking. Then Friday night they did it again, not showing up until the evening and working until 1:00 am this time. Saturday they showed up at 6:20 am and worked until the rain started and still didn't get it finished. Now it's been half finished for 3 days. I think she went with them because the guy is a nephew, but he's certainly not doing right by her, making her wait this long to get her roof on! She'll be lucky if it's done by July at this rate! I'll be glad when their done - my dogs are easily distracted and spend their time barking instead of doing their business.

In other news, my in-laws are moving! They're moving to Oklahoma this weekend - I've offered to help pack...LOL not in an ugly way, of course! They need help getting stuff packed up and there aren't a lot people who are able to help because of work or whatever, so I offered. I want to make sure that when they leave, I've not given them any fuel for ugly talk against me. They have boxes of old family pictures that no one even knows who the people are in the photos and none of the kids wants them. I have this thing about throwing pictures away, and I know she didn't want to do that either, so I agreed to take them. Hubby wasn't so thrilled, but it made his mom happy to know that family still had them and they weren't thrown in the trash. I'll have to keep my eyes open for some cool crafty things that can be done with them.

I'm leaving you with a pretty picture of a plant (looked more like a tree to me) that was a gift to a family at the funeral home. I had to take a picture because I'd never seen it before and also I couldn't read what the card said it was. All I got was "Purple ...something starting with possibly a D...Bush." But it is so lovely and has gorgeous leaves and delicate deep purple flowers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment