Friday, June 21, 2013

Losing It

I had in my mind this morning while I was putting on my make-up something that I wanted to write about, but now it escapes me. I truly hate when that happens. Everybody always says it because I'm getting old or some other horse poo like that. I think it's because I have too many things on my mind at any given time. I have too many thoughts in a day and they push and shove around in my head for position and they prioritize themselves. Because if I had my way, those random thoughts would take precedence. Unfortunately my thinking time is while I am taking a shower, putting on my war paint, and driving. By the time I get to work and the phones start ringing and little widows want me to read off all of the flower card information on all of the flowers for her deceased husband over the phone, it's no wonder I've forgotten what it was I had on my mind to write about.

As a matter of fact, today has been quite the day. Two funerals today and another tomorrow with a visitation tonight. One of the families is what I call "special needs" because they are obsessing and stressing over minutia. The daughter talks super fast - in fact she literally does not listen and speaks right over everyone, and attempts to answer her own questions, only stopping long enough for air. She obsesses over a minor detail and works herself to the point that she is almost incoherent. She makes me quite tired. And my boss (one of the two) who is mildly OCD (as I am myself in some ways) has begun studying the caller ID at his home in the evenings and mornings. I should preface this by saying that they each have a line to their homes from the funeral home so they can take calls during the night, etc. Many times they pick up on calls and listen to find out what it is about while I or Gary are talking. I wouldn't call it stealthy either. You can usually hear the one breathing and with other one it sounds like a fan is running right by the phone. Well, so #1 has been reading the caller ID and then either calling me to ask me what the call was about, or asking when he gets in office. He can't seem to stop himself from finding out. The biggest reason I think it is odd is because he asked me to let the phone ring once all the way through and answer into the second ring so he can see the caller ID and won't have to pick up. Well that's just not true because he's picking up anyway, lol! 
Purple Duranta

Oh!  Before it slips away from me, the gorgeous purple flowering tree/bush/whatever that I posted a picture of and didn't know the name of? It is called a Purple Duranta. Apparently it does well in warm  to very warm climates  with mild winters. I'm not sure how it would respond in freezes or snow, though. More research is needed. 

So anyway, back to my hectic day: I have Miss Gabby chattering endlessly, not stopping even though I have excused myself to answer the phone (I'm the only one in the office at the time), I take care of that call, she's still talking, the phone rings again, and it is my boss (severe eye-roll happening), having missed picking up on that call, wants to know what it was about, and I finish with him, and Gabby is still talking to me, or herself, or to the wall, I'm not really sure anymore if she even knows what she is saying or to whom. 

Well, I never did remember what it was that slipped out of my mind, this morning, but perhaps I will recall it at 2:00 in the morning. Of course I will have forgotten it again after I fall back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment