Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Random Observations and Shipping Woes

I watched This Means War with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy again last night. It's a great movie and lots of fun, but every time I see it I am always left with the thought that she chose the wrong guy and in my mind it makes the ending less satisfying for me. My opinion, I know, but if it had been me, I would have picked Tuck (Hardy) over FDR (Pine) hands down. The movie ends well and Tuck gets back with his ex-wife, and she and their son discover he isn't a travel agent, so it's not like he is left out in the cold with nothing. I just felt like FDR was the too-obvious choice. Okay, so Tom Hardy is more my cup of tea  :) so sue me! Seriously though, Tom needs to do more roles like this in addition to action and dramas. He does romantic comedy quite well. Anyhoo, I think if you took this situation and looked at it with the real-life lens, Reese's character (Lauren) would have chosen differently had she kept sex out of the equation, based on the character traits she displayed. So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Today my husband offered to bring me some lunch back when he and the other officers on shift went to eat. He asked me if I wanted a cheeseburger and fries, onion rings or suzies, so I said yes, please with fries. What I got was a hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. Basically, two pieces of white bread, mashed potatoes on top of that, two slices of turkey on top of that with gravy over all. He said he decided to get me what he got. When I said "if you were going to get me what you got, why did you even ask me what I wanted?", he replied with "I knew it!" In my mind I was thinking, "well, if you knew it, why did you do it?", however I refrained from verbalizing my thought and instead assured him it was fine and I was very happy with his choice (true statement), and that I was only making an observation (also true). So sensitive! He makes command decisions like this with me all of the time, however, and sometimes it irks! Oh, he also thought this would be a healthier choice than a burger and fries. Really? Probably not by much when you factor in the white bread (starch), mashed potatoes (starch), and gravy (fat). *sigh* whatever...I really am happy that he brought me lunch, though!

I'm anxiously awaiting some filters for my new Rebel T3 that I ordered from Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon is shipping via FedEx Smartpost now instead of UPS, at least that's what I'm gathering since the last two orders were shipped that way and so is the current one. Let me just say right now that I hate FedEx, and Smartpost is even worse. The shipping estimates between Amazon and FedEx never agree, and the tracking status is never right, in my experience. This current order Amazon is showing a Saturday (5/25) delivery estimation and FedEx is saying Tuesday (5/28). Last time I had a Saturday delivery date, FedEx tracking showed that they had tried to deliver but "the business was closed or no one was home" and that it was rescheduled for the following Tuesday. Really? I was there - where were they? Every time I place an order and see that FedEx is the carrier I cringe and pray that it will go smoothly. I really want to get my filters Saturday because I was planning on going to the park with the family - I thought it might be fun for us all to each take a camera and later maybe print off a few of them to put on a collage frame and possibly make a slide show too. I also thought maybe just Bobby and I could go for a motorcycle ride Sunday and take my camera. Best laid plans, right?

And now I leave you with a shot out my backdoor taken this morning while my dog Toby did his business...too much information??
This is Toby


No comments:

Post a Comment