Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's a Rainy Day in the Neighborhood

I know we need the rain, but it's supposed to rain all week! and that will push everything back even further for us to get our roof done...urrrgh! 
Looking out my back door with my Razr
My back door view with my Canon Rebel T3
It did make for a pretty sky this morning, though. I just recently got a Canon Rebel T3 and I've been wanting to get out and take some pictures, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. I love this camera, but of course I'm a newbie with it so I have a lot to learn. Don't get me wrong, though I still love taking snaps with my Razr - it's so much fun playing with the different photo editing apps! There's a lot of criticism over people taking photos with their phones - "that's not real photography", "everybody thinks they're a photographer now because of Instagram", etc. Who cares?! What's so wrong with it? It's gotten a whole lot of people interested in photography and that should be a good thing. A kid with an okay camera on his cell phone gets hooked on Instagram, decides he wants a better camera and from there  becomes a photojournalist.  People are becoming inspired to be creative and do all kinds of things like photo journals and projects. Okay, rant over...

You can see the differences in clarity, color and resolution between the two photos pretty clearly. The only difference in how I took the photos other than equipment, of course, is where I was standing. Without seeing the bottom shot, you would say it's a really good snap particularly coming from a phone, so not bad, right? My phone camera is 8MP with HDR settings and the Rebel T3 is a 12MP digital SLR. The new Galaxy S4 phone by Samsung has a 13MP camera! Cell phone cameras are catching up.
Anyway, I am happy with my new camera and can't wait for nicer weather. Rain, rain go away - come again some other day. Actually, you know what? Rain all week, just go away for the weekend, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment