Friday, May 24, 2013

Cannoli? What's Cannoli?

Today is the last day of school for the summer. The part of me who gets to sleep in a little later is glad about it. Also the part of me that gets a reprieve from mounds of school papers every night is glad. The part of me who no longer gets the house to herself after 9pm is not so glad. Now I have to wait until 10pm to have "me" time. Honestly, though, I'm glad to see this school year wind down. It's been a tough one for Sully due to the number of alpha types in his class. Alpha-type is nicer than slapping a label like ADHD on them. All I know is there is about 4 overly-aggressive boys in that class that like to fight, steal, and pull vicious pranks and seem to think the rules don't apply to them. I don't know what the deal is with choking, but there is one boy who consistently gets hold of other students and chokes them. It's happened to Sully twice and we promised that if it happened again, we would press charges. The principal took charge of the situation and it hasn't happened since. One problem was that the teacher was not forwarding the information or our complaints to him. That has since been taken care of. We're hoping for a better mix of students in Sully's class next year.  

Last night after work we decided to get pizza for dinner since Bobby wanted to mow and I needed to get an assignment done. I called it in and then we went to go get it. Papa Don's is a local pizza place downtown that has really good food. When we got there we told one of the girls working the counter that we were there to pick up an order. She went looking for it and discovered it was still on the pad and didn't get turned in, so we sat down to wait. Because of their mistake they offered us free cheese sticks, pop, or cannoli, although they really didn't have to - we weren't upset or anything. The interesting part was that Bobby chose a Dr Pepper and I chose a cannoli. I got the chocolate covered kind - yum! Bobby didn't know what a cannoli was and when she brought it, he started eyeballing it...looks pretty good, right? So...how's that drink? Lol, so I got dinner and a free dessert, and I got to eat dessert first  :)

I heard that OSHA was in town inspecting the numerous roofing projects, and that at least one company got fined $20,000 for no safety harnesses for the workers on the roof. I also heard that at one site, when he saw the people in suits and carrying clipboards, one worker took off running. Hmmm, wonder what that was all about? Anyway, they are here and cracking down, so on our way back from picking up the pizza, we noticed several roofs being worked on with men wearing safety harnesses and at least one group at another house that weren't. Ruh-roh!

On a strange note, I noticed on my Blogger dashboard that I have been getting a lot of traffic from a current.com. Turns out it is a news channel, Current TV, that was started by Al Gore. The weirder thing is that when I clicked on the link a pop-up stated that Current TV had been purchased by Al Jazeera America. Weird, right? Why am I so interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment