Monday, March 26, 2012

No Time

I saw some interesting things on my way to work this morning. I saw a cute little brick house with a white picket fence and tulips coming up all along the fence line. I drive by this house all the time, but this morning there were the tulips to capture my attention. Red, yellow and pink blooms with their dark green leaves against the white fence ...unfortunately I didn't have time to stop & take a picture. I'm fairly certain a drive-by photo wouldn't have gone over well had I run into something.

A little further down the road I saw two elderly people bent over and staring at something on the ground. I tried to see what it was they were looking at, but whatever it was must have been really small. Of course we have the same problem as before: no time to stop and running into parked vehicles is bad.

The next thing I saw, or rather noticed, and not for the first time, was how much traffic there was at 3 minutes before 8:00 in the morning. My theory is that because it only takes 3 minutes to get anywhere in town, every one who has to be to work by 8 a.m. doesn't leave their houses until 7:57. The streets are semi-dead at about 8:02 until 8:57 when the peeps who have to be at work by 9:00 are scrambling to get to work. Me? I leave my house anywhere between 7:45 and 8:05...don't want to be a slave to convention. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment