Friday, June 11, 2010

Parade Photos

I thought it might be fun to post some of the pictures I took of our Good Ol' Days Parade. It was the 29th year for our annual festival. I don't know where it stands as far as being one of the oldest celebrations of it's kind in the area or whatever, but it's not alone. There are several, with Joplin's Boomtown Days being the biggest, at least for the 4 State Area, which is what we are called. I'm pretty sure it's because the name '4 corners' is already taken, that and our corners don't line up very well...
My hubby & kids are in there, but you can't really see them very good. 
It's ok-I know they're there  :)
Part of the color guard - and a good shot of our brickstreets.
Dolly the Trolley...except that now we have two of them so I'm not sure if the other one has a name...
They do run tours, and around Halloween they run a haunted one that sounds like a lot of fun.
A 1955 Chevy Limo that used to be a funeral car and belonged to my boss, Mike. 
A couple of firetrucks, and my Gary & Barbie's son Alex...say Hi Alex!
A guy on a vintage bike, which is the Good Ol' Days icon...looks uncomfortable, huh?

Ok, the stars are to preserve peeps' anonymity, etc. ...This just struck me as funny, so I had to post it. If you are the owner of this backside and would prefer I remove this from my blog, just contact me ;)
A truck towing a boat...
 
Some more firetrucks...

Big guy, little car....

a looong line of tractors

antiques

my friend Jenni and Kaylie, my friend Angie's daughter


and the horses bring up the rear of the parade, for obvious reasons, which until a few years ago, it apparently wasn't obvious to the organizers, because the horses were scattered throughout the entire parade.




awww...mini's are so cute, but baby mini's are adorable!


and there's the end of it - our grand parade  :)

There were a few more tractors, and other random entries such as all the trucks and cars with state and local candidates for various offices -I didn't take any pictures of them. They can campaign on their own blogs!
So there you have it, a small-town-Kansas-style parade.
As cheesey as it might seem, this little parade is a big deal to the kids who get to ride in it, and that makes it totally worth it. If at no other time in their lives, for that little while they got to be celebrities, with all eyes on them. 
How cool is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment