Monday, July 1, 2013

Finally!

The weekend was pretty nice - we had a little break from the heat Saturday and Sunday. I got the Hummingbird feeder cleaned up and filled on Saturday and then I gave Skittles (the Bearded Dragon) a bath and cleaned up his basking log, etc. and took him outside so he could enjoy the sun and nice weather, which he did. He eyeballed the various flying insects landing on the flowers or flying overhead and puffed himself up several times to show how impressive he is and then raised his head to the sun and closed his eyes in order to fully experience the sunshine. Every time he heard a bird he would cock his head, and sometimes open one eye. Saturday evening I heard the first locusts, finally! I tried to record them, but mostly all you could hear was the wind blowing in my phone. I'm going to try again another night because Sunday night it was cooler and they were quiet after about 10pm. But Saturday evening I sat out listening to them and watching the fireflies. Every couple of days I see a few more. Eventually there will be a good number out, but right now its spotty.

On Sunday I got a few up-close-and-personal snaps of the flowers which came out nice, a nice shot of Toby, and one of Hubby coming home from work. I also noticed something strange had developed overnight on my Hummingbird feeder. At first I thought it was a patch where the coloring of the glass had come off or maybe some bird had decided to use it as target practice, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be eggs. Something had lain its eggs on the glass feeder sometime either overnight or early morning.

I will be watching to see what these turn out to be, because I have no idea what they are and I'm now very curious. It's kind of an odd place to lay eggs, to my thinking - not very well hidden, at all. 

Mr. Skittles

The rest of the day and evening was spent cleaning up things that I missed the day before and trying to catch up on laundry. I say trying but it's a futile attempt really, because it's a never ending thing - just like washing dishes. You can wash every dish, cup, spoon and bowl in the house and just like toadstools, while your back is turned, more magically appear.

Later on Sunday evening we went to the in-laws house to check on things, and darn it if that stupid water line wasn't still leaking even with the water turned off! It once again had overflowed the jug and spilled onto the kitchen floor. We had to go back and get the carpet shampooer to suck out the water that had flowed onto the front room's carpet and I spent an hour sucking water up and out of the carpet with the machine. I emptied it 4 times! Instead of leaving a jug for the waterline, we just put the line into the sink. I say I hope that she appreciates what I'm doing for her even though she has been perfectly horrid to me all these years, but I know differently. *big eye-roll happening*

Okay, so I shall leave you with some of the photos I took over the weekend :)

Hubby
Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment