Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Canada!

I admit it - I am an Olympic junkie. Opening ceremonies were awesome!! I've recorded whatever I couldn't watch at home, I've been checking the web for updates on the various competitions, and reading all the little background stories. Of course the games have been operating under the dark cloud of the young Georgian luger's death during a training run - such a sad, sad thing.

But I'm so excited for Canada! Of course I want to see USA do well, but I also want to see Canada win too. When Bilodeau  won the first Gold for Canada this Olympics we were cheering here at home too. And what a beautiful personal story.

I'm really loving Canada!  Such diversity - much like our own country, but somehow they seem... more unified. Wonder why that is? Such a beautiful country! I am so enjoying all the clips showing more of the country.

Favorites so far have been the Speed Skating, Short Track, Snowboard X, Nordic Combined, Mogul, Downhill, Luge, and we're looking forward to the rest of the Snowboard events and the Bobsled, as well as more speed skating & short track.

Ok, figure skating...what are they thinking with some of these costumes?? Many of the men's costumes are decidedly feminine and I am convinced they are designed to strip the guys of any hint of masculinity so that they appear androgynous. Just my thoughts, lol...


Heartbreak for Lindsey Jacobellis today, bless her heart. Sooo close, and she had such good runs & then the final run for the medal - disaster. Still, she did fantastic and her country is proud of her :)

SO - What will we do when it's over??  I went through withdrawals after the Summer Olympics, too, lol, so I guess at least it will be familiar...Better go check my DVR settings...again....

No comments:

Post a Comment